Until recently, prostitution has been treated as a criminal offense, but that is slowly changing here in the Houston area as law enforcement becomes increasingly aware that the girls, women and boys who get paid for sex are almost always victims of ruthless human traffickers. So officers of the law are now looking at the possibility of rescuing these victims, as NEWS 92 FM’s JP Pritchard concludes his weeklong series, “A Blight on Houston.”
Check out the Houston Rescue and Restore Coalition at http://www.houstonrr.org/about-us/.
Listen: A Blight on Houston
- Part I: City’s Status as Human Trafficking Hub Persists
- Part II: Sex Slavery Pushes Into Harris County Suburbs
- Part III: Why You Should Care About Human Trafficking in Houston
- Part IV: Law Enforcement Aided by New Human Trafficking Task Force
- Part V: Listen Above
More on Human Trafficking
- Houston Takes Aim at Human Trafficking [Listen]
- Latest Human Trafficking Report Cites Syria as Major Offender
- Jada Pinkett Smith Shines Light on Human Trafficking
- Colorado Man Indicted for Human Trafficking
- Gang Members Arrested for Sex Trafficking Suburbans Teens
Get Breaking News On Your Phone…Text “News” to 80185!
For more Local, Sports, Traffic and Breaking News, LIKE us on Facebook below!