At first, the trickle of cartoon avatars I saw among Facebook friends was easy to dismiss. But, as the Bitstrips app took over the social network like a flood in recent weeks, it became hard not to join the digital comic revolution online.
With Bitstrips, recreate yourself in cartoon version and then place your avatar alongside your friends or go solo in your own comic strip. Personalize the scene and then share your comic directly with friends on your Facebook Wall. It’s a simple but fun way to convey what is going on in your world–either real or imaginary–and has the potential to bring a load of laughs to your friends.
In this article, you will learn how to get started with your own account, from logging in to the app, creating your own animated avatar and then putting them into action.
How to Login to Bitstrips
- Sign in to your Facebook account, if you have not already logged in.
- Point your web browser to the Bitstrips app site on Facebook at https://apps.facebook.com/bitstrips/.
- When prompted, allow Bitstrips to post on your behalf.
- Begin creating your Bitstrips avatar/character.
Tutorial: How to Create a Bitstrips Character
How to Create Your Bitstrips Comics
- Launch the Bitstrips app on Facebook.
- Select your comic type: “Make a Status Comic,” “Make a Friend Comic,” and “Make a Greeting Card.”
- Follow the prompts and browse through the multitude of tabs for new scenes and situations to customize.
- Click the word balloon icon in the top left corner of the pane to add a text balloon into your comic strip.
- Click the emoticon in the bottom left corner to change your character(s) face(es).
- Click the blue “Share” button when you are ready to reveal the story to your friends on your Facebook Wall. Any friends included in the comic strip will also see the comic strip posted to their Wall.
Note, if your friends have security settings activated, your strip may not appear publicly on their Facebook Wall until it is approved by the user.
Tips for Creating Bitstrip Avatars
- Keep a photo of yourself (or your friend) on your desktop adjacent to your web browser.
- Creating an avatar for a friend helps them get the ball rolling. They can always edit the avatar you created.
- Remember, it’s a caricature. It’s not supposed to be lifelike. Focus of major facial features for best results.
NEWS 92 FM, Bitstrips Style
Get Breaking News On Your Phone…Text “News” to 80185!
For more Local, Sports, Traffic and Breaking News, LIKE us on Facebook below!