News of the Lone Star College stabbing first broke around 11:30 a.m. Tuesday morning. But News 92 FM’s Kevin Charles says there is some question as to the timeline.
An official message from Lone Star’s alert system indicates that the stabbing incident started around 11:12 am. That time lines up with what one student, Lisa, told News 92 FM.
Lisa says that call was made by her teacher. But the text message telling students of the campus lockdown was until over half an hour later. She knows because she had been texting her daughter who was in another classroom nearby. The daughter says at least 10 to 15 minutes after her mother sent her a text. There was an announcement on the pa system in her building saying the campus was locked down. Neither got the official text warning until much later.
- BREAKING: At Least Five Injured in Stabbing on Lone Star College Campus
- Students Share Gruesome Details of Lone Star Campus Stabbing [LISTEN]
- Was Bullying At the Root of Lone Star College Campus Stabbing? [LISTEN]
Lisa says the teachers and staff did a great job protecting students who were near their classrooms.
News 92 FM has asked Lone Star College officials for comment, but so far, there has been no response.
- Lone Star College Student: ‘”We Heard At Least Five Gunshots’ [LISTEN]
- Lone Star College North Harris Resumes Classes After Shooting
- Second Suspect Identified, Charged In Lone Star Shooting
- Charges Dropped Against Former Lone Star College Shooting Suspect
Get Breaking News On Your Phone…Text “News” to 80185!
Standard data and text message rates apply.
For more Local, Sports, Traffic and Breaking News, LIKE us on Facebook below!