(HOUSTON) — Everyone has been anxiously waiting for the silence to be broken regarding the scandalous elevator fight involving performers Solange and Jay-Z, and it finally happened.
Beyonce, Jay Z and Solange are now acknowledging the elevator video showing Solange attacking Jay.
In a statement to the Associated Press, the Knowles-Carter family said Jay and Solange apologized to each other.Follow @news92fm
“As a result of the public release of the elevator security footage from Monday, May 5th, there has been a great deal of speculation about what triggered the unfortunate incident. But the most important thing is that our family has worked through it,” the statement read. “Jay and Solange each assume their share of responsibility for what has occurred. They both acknowledge their role in this private matter that has played out in the public. They both have apologized to each other and we have moved forward as a united family.”
The statement also said that reports about Solange being intoxicated and “displaying erratic behavior” are false.
It reads, “We’ve put this behind us and hope everyone else will do the same.”
TMZ released the three-minute video Monday and said it was shot last week inside the Standard Hotel in New York City. The hotel said Wednesday it had fired the person who recorded the video.
Solange deleted all traces of Beyonce — and all other photos but one — from her Instagram account this week. But on Thursday, Solange took to Instagram to reaffirm her love for her sister with a single photograph.
E! News reports, “…the singer shared a new #ThrowbackThursday picture on the social networking site. The vintage photo shows the Texas-born siblings wearing matching plaid outfits and resting their heads on their hands.”
- Hotel Fires Person Who Released Jay Z Attack Video
- Solange Deletes All Traces of Beyonce From Her Instagram
- Jay Z Attacked by Beyonce’s Sister on Elevator [WATCH]