News 92 FM

Cat Pulled from Burning Home, Revived by Firefighters

Comments: 0  | Leave A Comment
Cat Revived by Firefighter

(Credit: Harris County Fire Marshal)

(HOUSTON) – Firefighters battled a 2-alarm garage fire Monday morning in northwest Harris County.

The Klein Fire Department responded to a reported explosion and house fire around 6:49 a.m. Monday in the 15100 block of Stonewick Dr.

Firefighters found fire coming from a detached garage, spreading to the home.

Lt. Dean Hensley of the Harris County Fire Marshal’s Office said it appears the explosion was sparked by a propane or oxygen tank leak after the homeowner ignited a cigarette.

“ The home owner sustained injuries and burns as a result of the explosion and fire,” Hensley said. “He was transported by EMS to a hospital.”

A firefighter also pulled a cat from the house, and revived it with oxygen. The cat was taken to the veterinarian for treatment.

The Latest News Headlines, Traffic and Weather:

Scroll to the bottom to comment here, or join the conversation on our Facebook page or with @News92FM on Twitter.

 

Join the Conversation! Share and Discuss!

Tags: » » » » »

Comments

Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 3,520 other followers