97.9 THE BOX EXCLUSIVE (HOUSTON) — The brothers of both an alleged shooter and a fatal shooting victim called in to a Houston Hip-Hop station to talk about the tragic accident near Alvin that has garnered national attention.
David Barajas, Jr., is accused of fatally shooting Jose Ines Banda in December 2012 after Banda allegedly crashed his vehicle into the back of Barajas’s truck as he and his two sons were pushing it.
David Barajas, Jr., 12, and Caleb Barajas, 11, were killed in that accident.
Now, the family of both men involved in the accident spoke to The Madd Hatta Morning Show on 97.9 The Box, owned by NEWS 92 FM’s parent company Radio One.
In the dual interviews, the brother of Jose Banda claims the story of that December accident is unlike anything you have heard.
“When they found my brother, they found him in the passenger’s seat,” his brother said. “He wasn’t in the driver’s seat.”
Barajas’s brother, however, said the accident “was a bunch of bull,” as are claims that David Barajas, Jr., fled to Louisiana after the accident and shooting.
“It’s all hearsay,” he said.
Listen to the brother of Jose Banda talk about the accident:
Listen as David Barajas, Jr.’s brother speaks to MHMS:
- Dad’s Trial to Begin in Fatal Shooting after Brazoria Co. Wreck
- Tragic: Dad Charged in Murdering Drunk Driver Who Killed Sons
- Dad Of Boys Killed In Drunk Driving Crash Charged With Killing Driver
- Texas Dad Accused of Murdering Drunk Driver Who Killed Kids
- Shooting Linked To Fatal Car Crash Ruled A Homicide [LISTEN]
- Police: Driver Shot in the Head After Barreling into Truck, Killing Two Boys [Listen]
The Latest News Headlines, Traffic and Weather: Follow @news92fm