GARMIN NUVI NAVIGATION GIVEAWAY
OFFICIAL SWEEPSTAKES RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE A PARTICIPANT’S CHANCES OF WINNING.
The Garmin Nuvi Navigation Giveaway (“Sweepstakes”) will begin on December 14, 2011 at 12:01 am Central Standard Time (“CST”) and end on December 31, 2011 at 11:59 pm CST (“Sweepstakes Period”). This Sweepstakes will be conducted exclusively via text methodology. One (1) grand prize winner will be awarded one (1) Garmin 3490 “NUVI” LMT PND (personal navigation device) plus four (4) tickets to the Houston Auto Show.
HOW TO ENTER:
Listeners of KROI-FM who are legal residents of the U.S., residing within the geographic listening area of the station and are eighteen (18) years of age and older will be able to take part in this Sweepstakes. To participate in the Sweepstakes, participants must do the following:
1. Participants must text “GARMIN” to 80185.
2. All text entries must be received by 11:59pm CST on Saturday December 31, 2011, or they will be void.
3. One entry per person per day per telephone number during the Sweepstakes Period.
4. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of a participant’s text entry, the entry will be deemed to have been made by the authorized holder of the mobile account at the time the entry was made.
1. The Sweepstakes is open to listeners of KROI-FM who are who are eighteen (18) years of age or older, and are legal residents of the United States residing within the Houston/Galveston, Texas metropolitan listening area.
2. Employees of KROI-FM, Radio One of Texas II, LLC (also “Radio One”), its subsidiaries, affiliates, general sponsors, advertisers, competitors, promotional partners, other radio stations in the Houston/ Galveston, Texas metropolitan area, and members of their immediate families (defined as spouse, child, sibling, parent, or grandparent), and members of the households (whether related or not) of any of the above are NOT eligible to participate or win in this Sweepstakes.
3. Once an individual wins a prize in this Sweepstakes, they are not eligible to win another prize in this Sweepstakes except as specified within these rules.
4. Persons who have won a prize in another sweepstakes or promotion of any kind from KROI-FM within the thirty-day (30) period immediately preceding the start date of this Sweepstakes are not eligible to participate. Only one person per family or household (whether related or not) may win in any promotion from KROI-FM during any thirty (30) day period.
5. Participants agree to abide with any applicable federal, state, local laws and regulations.
1. If a winner is unable to accept the prize, the prize will be forfeited in its entirety.
2. Prize package will include the following:
One (1) winner will be awarded one (1) Garmin 3490 “NUVI” LMT PND (personal navigation device), and four (4) tickets to the Houston Auto Show scheduled for January 25 – January 29, 2012 at the Reliant Center. Transportation to and from the event venue, meals, souvenirs, and incidentals are the responsibility of the winner and his or her guests.
3. No substitution of prize is offered, no transfer of prize to a third party is permitted and non-cash prizes may not be redeemed for cash value, except as determined by KROI-FM, Radio One of Texas II, LLC management and/or the sponsor in its sole discretion.
4. All Sweepstakes winner must sign and date official KROI-FM, Radio One of Texas II, LLC release and waiver forms as requested. Failure to do so will result in the winner’s forfeiture of the prize.
5. Prizes will be awarded only upon winner verification and final approval by KROI-FM, Radio One of Texas II, LLC. Each winner or selected entrant will be notified by email, mail and/or phone within seven (7) days after being selected (e.g., date of drawing). Each winner or selected entrant will then have seven (7) days to respond with their information. If the winner or selected entrant is unable to be contacted within fourteen (14) days after being selected (e.g. drawing date), is ineligible, fails to claim a prize or fails to return completed and executed release forms and affidavits, if applicable and as required by KROI-FM, Radio One of Texas II, LLC., or if the prize notification or prize is returned undeliverable, that prize will be forfeited and if time permits, at the discretion of the Sweepstakes sponsor / and or Sweepstakes administrator, an alternate entrant will be selected as the winner by random drawing from among the remaining entries.
6. Winners will be instructed to come to the offices of the Station located at 24 Greenway Plaza, Suite 900, Houston, Texas 77046. Winners must provide valid identification (i.e. via driver’s license, passport or other government-issued photo I.D.) to claim their prize.
1. During the Sweepstakes Period, eligible participants will be encouraged to take part in the Sweepstakes by texting “GARMIN” to 80185.
2. All text entries must be received by 11:59pm CST on Saturday, December 31, 2011 or they will be void.
3. On or about Wednesday, January 4, 2012, a panel of Radio One staff members will select one (1) grand prize winner at random (at their sole discretion) from among the eligible entries received via text message. All decisions made by Radio One management regarding any aspect of this Sweepstakes are final.
4. Winners will be notified by phone and/or email and provided with instructions on how to retrieve their prize at the KROI-FM studios.
1. Winners are responsible for all applicable taxes associated with the receipt of the prize (prizes are not transferable and may not be exchanged).
2. Any person winning over $600.00 in prizes will receive an IRS form 1099 at the end of the calendar year for tax purposes and a copy of such form will be filed with the IRS as required by law.
3. No purchase necessary. Sweepstakes is void where prohibited. Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, local laws and regulations.
4. Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entrants participating during the Sweepstakes Period.
5. By participating in the Sweepstakes, the winner or winners agree to have their name, voice, or likeness used in any advertising or broadcasting material relating to this Sweepstakes, in any media now known or hereafter devised for advertising or promotional purposes without additional compensation, and must sign a publicity release prior to acceptance of the prize. By entering this Sweepstakes, each participant agrees to comply with these Official Sweepstakes rules and the decisions of KROI-FM and Radio One of Texas II, LLC and / or Sweepstakes sponsor which shall be final and binding in all aspects relating to the Sweepstakes.
6. KROI-FM, Radio One of Texas II, LLC retain the right to disqualify any entrant if all Sweepstakes rules are not followed.
7. All Sweepstakes winners will be required to sign a liability release prior to acceptance of any prize. Pursuant to the liability release, the winner or winners will agree to hold KROI-FM, Radio One of Texas II, LLC, sponsor, any other Sweepstakes parties and each of their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, agencies, officers, shareholders, directors, employees, agents and representatives of each of the foregoing, harmless against any and all claims or liability, directly or indirectly related to or arising from or in connection with Sweepstakes participation or the acceptance, possession or use / misuse of any awarded prize or any portion thereof, or participation in prize-related activities, including but not limited to any related travel.
8. By accepting the prize, the winner acknowledges that KROI-FM, Radio One of Texas II, LLC. have neither made, nor are in any manner responsible or liable for, any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the prize or to any portion thereof, including but not limited to its quality, mechanical condition or fitness for a particular purpose.
9. Dates and times of concerts and trips promoted by Sweepstakes sponsors are subject to change and those changes are deemed to be beyond the control of KROI-FM, Radio One of Texas II, LLC. Changes of venue, cancellation of engagements by performing artists, and/or their management may be permanent in nature. KROI-FM, Radio One of Texas II, LLC. are not obligated to make any effort to find an alternative prize under these circumstances.
10. Any information collected by registering to enter the Sweepstakes shall be used only in a manner consistent with these Official Sweepstakes Rules.
11. KROI-FM, Radio One of Texas II, LLC, participating sponsors and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates or their representatives, agents and employees are not responsible for the inability of any entrant to complete or continue an internet registration due to equipment malfunction, busy lines, inadvertent disconnections, unavailable network, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP) or other connections, communication failures or human error that may occur in the transmission, receipt or processing of entries, including any injury or damage to any computer arising from or relating to participation in this Promotion. Any use of robotic, macro, automatic, programmed or like entry methods will void all such entries, and may subject that entrant to disqualification. In addition, KROI-FM, Radio One of Texas II, LLC, participating sponsors and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates or their representatives, agents and employees are not responsible for late, lost, misdirected, mutilated, illegible or incomplete sweepstakes entries. No mechanically reproduced or automated entries permitted. Entry materials/data that have been tampered with or altered are void. Once submitted, entries become the property of KROI-FM, Radio One of Texas II, LLC. and will not be returned.
12. If for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including without limitation, any suspected evidence of tampering or technological corruption or if any portion of the Sweepstakes is compromised by virus, bugs, worms or unauthorized human intervention, fraud, acts of God, strikes, terrorists acts, criminal acts of third parties, an insufficient number of qualified Sweepstakes entries, or any other causes beyond KROI-FM, and Radio One of Texas II, LLC’s control which, in KROI-FM, and Radio One of Texas II, LLC’s sole opinion, corrupts, threatens or impairs the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, KROI-FM, and Radio One of Texas II, LLC reserve the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes at their sole discretion.
13. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be in violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, KROI-FM, and Radio One of Texas II, LLC reserve the right to seek remedies and damages (including attorney’s fees) from any such entrant to the fullest extent of the law, including criminal prosecution.